From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Deaerator, or pages that link to Deaerator or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Air preheater : A general term to describe any device designed to preheat the combustion air used in a fuel-burning furnace for the purpose of increasing the thermal efficiency of the furnace.
- Boiler : Add brief definition or description
- Feedwater heater : Add brief definition or description
- Conventional coal-fired power plant : An industrial plant which produces electricity by burning of coal and air in a steam generator that heats water to produce high pressure steam which then flows through a series of steam turbines that spin an electrical generator to generate electricity.
- Nuclear power plant : A power plant, often electric, that uses the energy derived from controlled (non-explosive) nuclear reactions to generate power such as electricity. Currently, nuclear power plants use the heat energy derived from nuclear fission reactions to generate steam, which in turn is used to generate power.
- Steam : The vapor (or gaseous) phase of water (H2O).
- Surface condenser : A water-cooled shell and tube heat exchanger for condensing the exhaust steam from large steam turbines.