From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Cyprus. Needs checking by a human.
- British Empire : The worldwide domain controlled by Britain from its origins about 1600
- CIA activities in the Middle East and South Asia : Add brief definition or description
- Country : Nation, state, region, or territory, or large tract of land distinguishable by features of topography, biology, or culture.
- Domestication : The process of habituating wild animals or plants to live in association with humans, thereby providing us with food, livestock and pets.
- European Union : Political and economic association of 28 European states.
- Europe : Sixth largest continent; area 10,000,000 km2; pop. 720,000,000
- Euro : The official currency of the European Monetary Union.
- First Crusade : Crusade from 1096 to 1099, which captured Jerusalem and created a theocracy there.
- Greek language : Indo-European language spoken mainly in Greece and Cyprus since Antiquity, with particular cultural prestige.
- Macrovipera lebetina : Venomous viper species found in North Africa.
- Nicosia : The capital and largest city of Cyprus.
- Royal Air Force : The British military service primarily responsible for air warfare
- Solon : Athenian Statesman and poet, credited with setting the wheels of Democracy in motion in Athens.
- South Asia : Add brief definition or description
- Thalassemia : A group of hereditary hemolytic anemias in which there is decreased synthesis of one or more hemoglobin polypeptide chains (National Library of Medicine).
- Turkish language : Turkic language mainly spoken in Turkey and among Turkish-speaking populations in several countries.
- USS Oglethorpe (AKA-100) : WWII attack cargo ship of the Andromeda-class
- Venice : City and major seaport in northern Italy that is famous for its canals, and for its role as a republic and major trade hub in medieval Europe.