Context (concept)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Context (concept): A concept describing a relation between different kinds of information.
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Philosophy : The study of the meaning and justification of beliefs about the most general, or universal, aspects of things.
- Information theory : Theory of the probability of transmission of messages with specified accuracy when the bits of information constituting the messages are subject, with certain probabilities, to transmission failure, distortion, and accidental additions.
- Linguistics : The scientific study of language.
- Noise (information theory) : Stochastic fluctuations of energy levels within a physical system.
- Signal (information theory) : Add brief definition or description
- Signal-to-noise ratio : A dimensionless number expressing the proportion of useful signal in a communications channel, the remaining content being noise. The higher the ratio, the better the quality.
- Correlation : Add brief definition or description
- Text : A written set of words.
- Context-free grammar : Add brief definition or description
- High-context language : A language, such as Japanese, in which a large amount of additional context is needed for effective communication; there will be a high degree of idiom and may be significant nonverbal communication
- Low-context language : Add brief definition or description
- Internationalization : Add brief definition or description
- Localization (user interface) : Add brief definition or description
- Knowledge : On one common account by philosophers, justified, true belief; often used in a looser way by everyone else to mean any truth or belief, and also a whole body of truth or a whole system of belief.
- Encyclopedia : A point of reference for structured knowledge.
- Learning : The process of structuring new knowledge.
- Structure : Add brief definition or description
- Ritual : Set of actions, performed mainly for their symbolic value, which is prescribed by a convention or by the traditions of a community.