From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Comintern, or pages that link to Comintern or to this page or whose text .
- Communism : A political ideology, and also a system of government, according to which the means of production (including all large business concerns) should be controlled by the government.
- Marxism : Add brief definition or description
- Socialism : Any socio-economic system in which property and distribution of wealth are controlled by a community, by cooperation law.
- Soviet Union : A Communist state, which took over the Russian Empire, after the Russian Revolution of 1917 that existed from 1922 to 1991; the major part now extant as the Russian Federation
- Anti-Comintern Pact : A 1936 treaty between Nazi Germany and the Empire of Japan, not specifically of mutual defense against the Soviet Union, but of the ostensibly independent Communist International (Comintern)
- Gregory Zinoviev : Participant in the Bolshevik Revolution, of the "left Communist" faction; later President of the Comintern from 1919 to 1926; eventually purged by Josef Stalin
- Nikolai Bukharin : Add brief definition or description
- Georgi Dimitrov : Add brief definition or description
- Leon Trotsky : Add brief definition or description
- Vladimir Lenin : Add brief definition or description
- Ho Chi Minh : Vietnamese communist and nationalist leader and revolutionary (1890–1969); president of North Vietnam 1946–1969.
- Joseph Stalin : (1878 - 1953) The head of Russia's Communist ("Bolshevik") party and dictator of the Soviet Union from 1924 until his death.
- Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact : A 1939 nonaggression pact between the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany, with a secret protocol establishing spheres of influence for the two countries; effectively abrogated by the 1941 invasion of the Soviet Union by Germany