Clement Attlee/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Clement Attlee, or pages that link to Clement Attlee or to this page or whose text .
- Prime Minister of the United Kingdom : The head of the British government, usually the leader of the largest political party in the House of Commons.
- House of Commons (United Kingdom) : The primary legislative chamber of the Parliament of the United Kingdom.
- Labour Party (UK) : Political party in the United Kingdom, founded at the start of the 20th century, and has been seen since 1920 as the principal party of the Left.
- Second World War : Alternative term for World War II.
- Korean War : A modern conflict (1950-1953) fought on the Korean peninsula between the US-led UN forces, and the Communist coalition of North Korea and China.
- India : Republic in South Asia; the world's largest democracy. Borders Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burma, China, Nepal, Pakistan
- Keynesian : Add brief definition or description
- National Health Service : The publicly-funded health provider in the United Kingdom.
- British Empire : The worldwide domain controlled by Britain from its origins about 1600
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization : Intergovernmental military alliance based on the North Atlantic Treaty which was signed on 4 April 1949, with its headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.
- Winston Churchill : British Prime Minister and war leader during the Second World War from 1940 to 1945; second term from 1951 to 1955. Won the Nobel Prize for Literature as a historian.