See something needing your input? Click here to Join us in providing quality, expert-guided information to the public for free!
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
This is the old project home page, which we used from the beginning of the project through September, 2007. The new project home page is CZ:Home.
Welcome to the CZ:Project Home page for our community of contributors! Whether you're an author or editor, you should find links to everything important to your job below. Or you can add key links, it's your wiki. You'll find links about how to write or edit, how we relate to Wikipedia, and Citizendium's unique approach to workgroups. This Project Home also can guide you to CZ's initiatives and our various policies, including key policies for authors.
Besides serving as a central directory, Project Home aims to promote collaboration among all of us, newcomers and veterans, constables and other personnel, authors and editors, both within and across workgroups. So, please be sure to check here for collaboration opportunities.
Help and introductory material
- How to get started as an author (essential reading)
- How to start a new article
- How to edit an article
- Article Mechanics: how to write an article
- How you can help: don't know what to do? Here are some ideas.
- Help (a help menu on "How to")
The Citizendium and Wikipedia
- How to convert Wikipedia articles to Citizendium articles
- Introduction to CZ for Wikipedians
- We aren't Wikipedia
Workgroups and approval
Recruitment and Admission
- Announced: Weekly Wiki: a weekly on-wiki get-together for regular Citizens
- Started: New Article of the Week: a newly-created high-quality article chosen weekly by vote among Citizens
- Started: Article of the Week: a high-quality article chosen weekly by vote among Citizens
- Started: Monthly Write-a-Thon: a wiki-whoopie, a cyber-social, a collaborative kegger!
- Adopted and under development: Eduzendium: an initiative to attract university professors and graduate students to participate in Citizendium
- Under discussion and development: Subpage Pilot: an expansion of CZ's scope, would have us add many types of reference information other than encyclopedia articles, all clustered together as "subpages" of the main encyclopedia article page
- Under discussion: Topic Partners: a framework in which to partner with expert organizations, and solicit support
- Concluded: The Big Cleanup: cleaned up, tagged, formatted, etc., our articles
- Concluded: The Big Speedydelete: deleted cruft from our article database
- How to use talk pages
- Citizendium forums for discussion
- Community blog for news
- Mailing lists for discussion
- Summaries of policy arguments
Requests to the community
- Requested Articles: request an article, or write an requested article
- Feedback Requests: ask for feedback on an article, or offer feedback
- The Big Write: a community initiative in which editors offer to "bless" credible starts on new articles
- Editorial Council suggestion box
- Larry Sanger's suggestion box
- Archived Pages
- Cold Storage -- for deleted articles that, for whatever reason, we want to continue to make available
This section is undergoing revision. See CZ:Community Pages.
- CZ:Community Pages
- CZ:Executive Committee
- CZ:User Pages
- CZ:Content Policy
- CZ:Naming Conventions
- CZ:Topic Choice
- CZ:Approval Standards
- CZ:Talk Pages
- CZ:Article Deletion Policy
- CZ:Editor Policy
- CZ:Dispute Resolution
- CZ:Policy on Topic Informants
- CZ:Constabulary Policy
- Archived: Policy Outline