From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Architecture, or pages that link to Architecture or to this page or whose text .
- Architect : An architect is a professional engaged in the art and science of designing buildings.
- Built environment : The man-made surroundings that provide the setting for human activity.
- Classical architecture : Architecture in the tradition of ancient Greece or Rome or of the classical revival in 16th century Italy.
- Gothic architecture : A style of architecture that had its origins in the building of great cathedrals in France from the 12th to the mid-13th century and was known as the "French style" (opus Francigenum) before being appellated as 'gothic' during the Renaissance period.
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Natural environment : A term that encompasses all living and non-living things occurring naturally on Earth or some region of Earth.