Andrew Exum/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Andrew Exum, or pages that link to Andrew Exum or to this page or whose text .
- Center for a New American Security : A fairly new national security think tank, the founders of which are now in the Obama administration; some of the new senior members have significant field counterinsurgency experience
- United States Army : Branch of the United States Armed Forces with the principal responsibility of conducting large-scale ground combat
- United States Central Command : Unified Combatant Command responsible for U.S. operations in the Middle East and Southwest Asia, now under the command of General James Mattis
- Afghanistan : A Islamic republic in Central Asia, with an unstable but elected government; borders China, Iran, Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan
- Iraq : Country in the Middle East, currently transitioning from rule by the US.
- David Kilcullen : A former Australian infantry officer with a doctorate in the study of insurgency and history, he is an advisor on counterinsurgency to the Australian and U.S. governments. His models draw a sharp distinction between the tactic of terror, and the conduct of wars that make use of that tactic. Board of Advisors, Center for a New American Security
- Lebanon : a country in the Middle East. It borders Syria to the north and east, Israel to the south, and the Mediterranean Sea to the west. Its official language is Arabic, although French is widely spoken. The capital and largest city of Lebanon is Beirut.
- 75th Ranger Regiment : Assigned to the Army Special Operations Command of the United States Special Operations Command, a highly skilled, parachute-qualified light infantry unit that conducts raids in uniform (e.g., seizing airfields or destroying strategic targets), and provides perimeter security during direct action by other special operators