75th Ranger Regiment/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to 75th Ranger Regiment, or pages that link to 75th Ranger Regiment or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/75th Ranger Regiment. Needs checking by a human.
- Afghanistan War (2001-) : Beginning on October 7, 2001, in response to the 9-11 attacks, military operations against the Taliban and al-Qaeda by United States and NATO forces
- Air assault : Military operations in which infantry are carried by aircraft onto, or very near, the target, or by parachuting. The aircraft may be helicopters, tilt-rotor aircraft, short-landing transports, or, historically, gliders.
- Air warfare planning : The set of doctrines and procedures for carrying out all types of air warfare, as an integrated whole
- Army Special Operations Command : A command that trains and prepares U.S. Army special operations personnel, including United States Army Special Forces, and serves as the land forces component of United States Special Operations Command
- Creighton Abrams : General in the U.S. Army, who was the last head of Military Assistance Command, Vietnam and then Chief of Staff of the Army, who built the volunteer army and restructured the reserve components under the Total Force Concept
- Direct action (military) : Military attacks, usually by special operations forces on land, against specific, well-defined targets, often behind enemy lines.
- HAVE QUICK II : A family of military UHF jam-resistant radios, intended for air-to-air and air-to-ground use
- Iraq War : Invasion of Iraq by a coalition of countries, led by the United States, in 2003, and subsequent occupation
- United States Special Operations Command : A U.S. Unified Combatant Command with both functional and operational responsibilities, both to prepare special operations forces for the geographic commands, and to execute strategic special operations, typically under national orders and high security classification