Alfred Jodl/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Alfred Jodl, or pages that link to Alfred Jodl or to this page or whose text .
- German general staff : Add brief definition or description
- Adolf Hitler : (1889–1945) Politician in Germany; became 1921 Nazi Party leader, 1933 Reichskanzler (Chancellor), then 1934 as der Führer dictator before and during World War II.
- Oberkommando der Wehrmacht : (OKW) In Nazi Germany, the High Command of the Armed Forces, or the military staff office in direct support of Adolf Hitler
- Walter Warlimont : (1894-1976) General officer in the Oberkommando der Wehrmacht operations staff, assisting Alfred Jodl; sentenced to life in the High Command Case (NMT), released 1957
- Commando Order : An order from Adolf Hitler, later the basis for a number of war crimes prosecution, which condemned uniformed special operations personnel operating behind enemy lines
- Commissar Order : A decree, signed by Adolf Hitler on June 6, 1941, specifying the treatment, often summary execution, of Soviet political officers captured by German forces in the Soviet Union
- Barbarossa Jurisdiction Order : An order issued by Wilhelm Keitel, Chief of the OKW of Nazi Germany, on May 13, 1941, directing how the military and security forces were to treat Soviet civilians after the start of Operation Barbarossa
- Oberkommando des Heeres : (OKH) German Army headquarters under the Third Reich; effectively the headquarters for the Russian Front
- Trial of the Major War Criminals : Conducted by the four major Allied powers in Europe, this proceeding tried the designated Major War Criminals of Nazi Germany, as well as determining whether certain Nazi organizations were to be considered as criminal conspiracies to which membership was a crime