From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Japan : East Asian country of about 3,000 islands; one of the world's largest economies; population about 125,000,000.
- Emperor of Japan : Head of state of Japan, with a lineage into antiquity but certainly beginning in the 5th century CE; some Emperors have had significant power while others have been principally ceremonial and religious
- Politics of Japan
- Empress Michiko : Add brief definition or description
- Crown Prince Naruhito : Add brief definition or description
- Hirohito : The 124th and longest-reigning Emperor of Japan, 1926-89.
- Takahito of Mikasa : Uncle of Emperor Akihito and younger brother of Emperor Hirohito; military and Staff College graduate with an interest in aviation, and both patron and protégé of Colonel Masanobu Tsuji.