7 Seconds/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to 7 Seconds, or pages that link to 7 Seconds or to this page or whose text .
- Literature : The profession of “letters” (from Latin litteras), and written texts considered as aesthetic and expressive objects.
- Politics : Activity that relates to the way in which society is governed, and the process by which human beings living in communities make decisions and establish obligatory values for its members.
- Crime fiction : Novels and stories involving crime (mostly murder) and (usually) the search for the culprit(s).
- Jack Henderson : Add brief definition or description
- The Circumference of Darkness : Add brief definition or description
- Jeannie Reese : Add brief definition or description
- Phr33k : Add brief definition or description
- Assassination : Add brief definition or description
- Cabal : Add brief definition or description
- Climate of fear : Add brief definition or description
- Code : Add brief definition or description
- Conspiracy : Add brief definition or description
- : A market with characteristics in common with markets for goods and services but which trades in claims upon the future values of assets, and the risks inherent in such claims. Examples include stock markets options markets and derivatives markets.
- Hacking : Add brief definition or description
- Military : The standing armed forces of a country, that are directed by the national government and are tasked with that nation's defense.
- Press conference : Add brief definition or description
- Sphere Publications : Add brief definition or description
- Technology : Study and practice of applying knowledge creatively to tasks that involve both people and machines; also, the tools, equipment or other products that result from technological knowledge.
- Terrorism : An act, with targets including civilians or civilian infrastructure, intended to create an atmosphere of fear in order to obtain a political objective.
- United Nations : An international organization that was founded in 1945 with the mission of preventing international war, protecting human rights, supporting social progress and justice, and helping with economic progress.
- Weapons inspector : Add brief definition or description
- Weapons of mass destruction : Weapons that cause death or injury not primarily through kinetic energy of projectiles or the detonation of conventional explosives, but rather produce large-scale effects greater than possible with the same weight of explosives weapons; by means heat, blast and radiation from nuclear weapon; poisoning by chemical weapon; infectious disease by biological weapons; or acute or chronic radiation syndromes from radiological weapons.
- 9-11 Attack : The largest terrorist attack on the continental United States, occurring on September 11, 2001, using hijacked airliners as suicide weapons against major buildings.
- Computer : A machine that executes a sequence of instructions.
- Iraq War : Invasion of Iraq by a coalition of countries, led by the United States, in 2003, and subsequent occupation
- : U.K. publisher founded in 1935 by Allen Lane, known for inexpensive editions of serious literature.
- New York City : The largest city in the United States of America and a world center of finance, commerce, communications, and the arts.