2008 United States presidential election/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to 2008 United States presidential election, or pages that link to 2008 United States presidential election or to this page or whose text .
- United States : Constitutional republic in North America, has major land borders with Mexico and Canada.
- Joe Biden : Former Vice President of the United States (2009-2017); formerly U.S. senator from Delaware (born 1942).
- Sam Brownback : U.S. Senator (R-Kansas); Senate Committee on Appropriations; Joint Economic Committee, Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation; Senate Special Committee on Aging; Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources; Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe; Senate Cancer Coalition; Human Rights Caucus; Senate Values Action Team; Congressional Internet Caucus
- George W. Bush : (1946–) 43rd U.S. President (Republican), elected in 2000 and re-elected in 2004.
- Hillary Clinton : U.S. Secretary of State (2009-2013); Senator for New York (2001-2009); U.S. presidential candidate for the Democratic Party, 2016 (contender, 2008); former First Lady (born 1947).
- Christopher Dodd : U.S. Senator (D-Connecticut}; chair, Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs; Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- John Edwards : American lawyer, Senator, vice-presidential and presidential candidate.
- Rudy Giuliani : Member, Iraq Study Group; Republican presidential candidate and mayor of New York City from 1994 to 2001.
- Mike Huckabee : Former Governor of Arkansas and conservative talk show host.
- Duncan Hunter : U.S. Representative, (R-California), U.S. House Committee on Education and Labor, U.S. House Armed Services Committee; first elected 2008; not to be confused with his father, Duncan L. Hunter, who represented the same district in Congress from 1981 to 2009 and who was briefly a presidential candidate in 2008.
- Iraq : Country in the Middle East, currently transitioning from rule by the US.
- Dennis Kucinich : U.S. Representative (D-Ohio), U.S. House Committee on Education and Labor; U.S. House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform; Vice Chair, Congressional Progressive Caucus
- John McCain : (1936–) Republican Senator from Arizona (1986–) and the Republican presidential candidate in 2008; ranking minority member, Senate Armed Services Committee; member ex officio, Senate Select Committee on Intelligence; Commission on the Intelligence Capabilities of the United States Regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Barack Obama : 44th President of the United States of America (2009–2017) and a former Senator from Illinois (born 1961).
- Sarah Palin : (1964–) Governor of Alaska (2006–2009) and Republican Party vice presidential nominee (2008).
- Ron Paul : (1935–) libertarian U.S. Representative (R-Texas) and physician; sought Republican Presidential candidacy in 2008; father of Rand Paul; advisory board and national chair, 1996, Republican Liberty Caucus
- Bill Richardson : Add brief definition or description
- Mitt Romney : (1947–) Former Governor of Massachusetts and a candidate for Republican nomination in the 2008 U.S. Presidential elections.
- Tom Tancredo : American conservative activist who addressed the 2010 National Tea Party Convention; major issue is illegal immigration; U.S. Representative 1998-2008; Republican presidential nomination candidate 2008; columnist, WorldNetDaily
- Fred Thompson : (1942–) Former American senator, presidential candidate and actor on the television detective show Law & Order.
- Tommy Thompson : Add brief definition or description