Trent Bridge

From Citizendium
Jump to: navigation, search
This article is a stub and thus not approved.
Main Article
Discussion
Related Articles  [?]
Bibliography  [?]
External Links  [?]
Citable Version  [?]
 
This editable Main Article is under development and subject to a disclaimer.

Trent Bridge is an international cricket ground in West Bridgford, Nottingham. It was opened by William Clarke in July 1840 on land adjacent to the Trent Bridge Inn which was owned by himself and his wife. It immediately superseded the Forest Racecourse as the home venue for county matches played by Nottinghamshire and became a regular Test venue from 1899.

Notes