Myron C. Lake/Bibliography
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
There is no single biography and even now much information remains to be collected, especially with regard to Lake's pre-Nevada life. He left no diaries or journals. The Myron C. Lake Papers, which contain among other documents, the record of his divorce proceedings, can be found at the Nevada Historical Society in Reno. Click on gallery for early Lake/Reno images.
- Bain, David Haward. Empire Express: Building the First Transcontinental Railroad (New York: Viking Penguin, 1999).
- Flaherty, Darwin L. "The Naming of Reno, Nevada: a Century-Old Mystery," Nevada Historical Society Quarterly 27,3(Fall 1984), pp. 155-81.
- Lake, Myron C. Papers (MS RNC 128), 1 box, Nevada Historical Society, Reno. cited as Lake Papers.
- Newspapers: Nevada State Journal (NSJ); Reno Crescent (RC); Reno Evening Gazette (REG).
- Rocha, Guy Louis. “Reno’s First Robber Baron,” Nevada Magazine 40,2(March-April, 1980), pp. 28-29, 62.
- Townley, John M. Tough Little Town on the Truckee: Reno, 1868-1900 (Reno: Great Basin Studies Center, 1983).