Computer Science Foundations
Welcome to the first part of the SE2004 Learning material. In this chapter we will cover all aspects that fall under Computer Science Foundation. The material covered here will get you prepared for the rest of the Software Engineering Fundamentals learning program.
Here is a list of the material we will be learning about in this specific section. This list is based on the SE2004 Software Engineering Education Knowledge (SEEK).
- Programming Fundamentals
- Algorithms, Data Structures/Representation (Static & Dynamic) and Complexity
- Problem Solving Techniques
- Abstraction - use and support for (encapsulation, hierarchy, etc)
- Computer Organization
- Basic Concept of a System
- Basic User Human Factor (I/O, error messages, robustness)
- Basic Developer Human Factors (comments, structure, readability)
- Programming Language Basics
- Operating System Basics
- Database Basics
- Network Communication Basics
- Semantics of Programming Languages