Descriptive linguistics/Related Articles
< Descriptive linguisticsJump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Descriptive linguistics, or pages that link to Descriptive linguistics or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Descriptive linguistics. Needs checking by a human.
- English grammar : The body of rules describing the properties of the English language.
- Historical linguistics : The study of how languages change over time, and linguistic patterns within that change.
- Linguistic prescriptivism : The laying down or prescribing of normative rules for the use of a language, or the making of recommendations for effective language usage.
- Linguistics : The scientific study of language.
- Morphology (linguistics) : The study of word structure; the study of such patterns of word-formation across and within languages, and attempts to explicate formal rules reflective of the knowledge of the speakers of those languages.