William Ewart Gladstone/Related Articles
- See also changes related to William Ewart Gladstone, or pages that link to William Ewart Gladstone or to this page or whose text .
- Capitalism : Economic system based on the private ownership of resources and industry for the purpose of profit.
- Great Britain : The largest part of the United Kingdom, comprising England, Scotland, Wales and islands immediately off their coasts.
- Liberalism : Economic and political doctrine advocating free enterprise, free competition and free will.
- Parliament : Legislative body convened for its (often elected) members to propose, debate, pass, amend or repeal the laws of a political region such as a state; used with particular reference to the legislative system found in many British Commonwealth countries (i.e., the Westminster system)
- Corn laws : Add brief definition or description
- The Irish Question : Add brief definition or description
- Laissez-faire : Add brief definition or description
- Land : a factor of production that is not the product of economic activity, the supply of which is independent of economic activity.
- David Ricardo : (18 April 1772 – 11 September 1823) English political economist, often credited with systematizing economics, and was one of the most influential of the classical economists.
- Social reform : The broad middle range of intentional social change efforts between passive or uncritical acceptance of the institutions and practices of a society and revolution directed at completely overturning them.
- Chartism : Add brief definition or description