William Colby/Related Articles
- See also changes related to William Colby, or pages that link to William Colby or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/William Colby. Needs checking by a human.
- CIA activities in Vietnam : Add brief definition or description
- Director of Central Intelligence : Formerly, the U.S. official that headed both the Central Intelligence Agency and the United States intelligence community; the responsibility is now split between the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (currently Leon Panetta) and the Director of National Intelligence (currently Dennis Blair)
- Fall of South Vietnam : The result of a series of conventional military actions by the People's Army of Viet Nam, under the direction of the Politburo of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, which led to the dissolution of the Republic of Vietnam and the reunification of North and South Vietnam into the Socialist Republic of Vietnam
- Intelligence interrogation, U.S. : Policies, techniques and practices of United States interrogation in a national intelligence-gathering context. (See Intelligence interrogation, U.S., George W. Bush Administration for recent detailed discussions)
- John Paul Vann : Influential field operator in the Vietnam War, first as a United States Army advisor and lieutenant colonel, who later worked for the Agency for International Development in a role with the authority of a major general
- OCLC : A nonprofit, membership, computer library service and research organization, founded in 1967 as the Ohio College Library Center.
- Office of Strategic Services : The United States' first unified agency for clandestine intelligence collection, all-source intelligence analysis and covert action
- Pacification in South Vietnam : Sometimes called the "other war" in the Vietnam War, involving counterinsurgency and local development
- Strategic Hamlet Program : A program for rural security and counterinsurgency, under the South Vietnamese government of Ngo Dinh Diem and directed by his brother and advisor Ngo Dinh Nhu; its success or failure was considered a metric for the Diem government
- U.S. support to South Vietnam before Gulf of Tonkin : A period of overt advisory and combat support by the U.S. to South Vietnam, from roughly 1962 to mid-1964
- United States Mission to the Republic of Vietnam : The combination of all U.S. official organizations in Vietnam; during the Vietnam War, it included the military, as opposed to the separate chains of command in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Vietnam War : A post-colonial independence/Cold War conflict between communist North Vietnam against South Vietnam, assisted by the United States (1955-1975), to unify Vietnam; won by North Vietnam in 1975.
- Wars of Vietnam : The broad context of warfare in the modern area of Vietnam, of which the Vietnam War (1962-1975) is best known, but involves colonization, Japanese occupation, decolonization, and post-1975 but related warfare among Vietnam, Cambodia and China