(Redirected from Unit)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In a measurement: A basic quantity, multiples or parts of which are used to express other measured quantities.
- : A group of personnel working on a specific task and administrated jointly.
- In military: A group of soldiers, with specified equipment, under a specific chain of command.
- In chemical engineering: Chemical and petrochemical plants, as well as petroleum refineries and natural gas processing plants, are commonly made up of steps called unit operations which occur in various individual sections interconnected by piping or other material-moving equipment which carry liquid, gaseous, solid or slurried streams of material.
- UNIT in Doctor Who, originally United Nations Intelligence Taskforce, later renamed UNified Intelligence Taskforce after complaints from the United Nations