"The Thirteen Colonies" was a historical region comprised of the thirteen British colonies in North America. Its borders ranged from the present-day Canadian province of Quebec to the present-day state of Georgia.
See Colonial America for the history.
List of historical colonies (in alphabetical order):
- Connecticut Colony (later Connecticut)
- Delaware Colony (before 1776, the Lower Counties on Delaware, and later Delaware)
- Province of Georgia (later Georgia)
- Province of Maryland (later Maryland)
- Province of Massachusetts Bay (later Massachusetts and Maine)
- Province of New Hampshire (later New Hampshire)
- Province of New Jersey (later New Jersey)
- Province of New York (later New York and Vermont)
- Province of North Carolina (later North Carolina and Tennessee)
- Province of Pennsylvania (later Pennsylvania)
- Colony of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations (later Rhode Island)
- Province of South Carolina (later South Carolina)
- Colony and Dominion of Virginia (later Virginia, Kentucky and West Virginia)