The Beasties/Related Articles
- See also changes related to The Beasties, or pages that link to The Beasties or to this page or whose text .
- Literature : The profession of “letters” (from Latin litteras), and written texts considered as aesthetic and expressive objects.
- Horror : Genre of storytelling which plays on the audience's emotions, particularly fear, terror and disgust.
- Fiction : Add brief definition or description
- Dutton Children's Books : Add brief definition or description
- William Sleator : Add brief definition or description
- Forest (ecology) : Add brief definition or description
- Amputation : In medicine, removal of a limb or other appendage or outgrowth of the body; usually a controlled operating room procedure but sometimes a heroic field procedure to free a victim from entrapment; term used figuratively to refer to breaking all ties to a subordinate.
- Tunnel : A underground passage.
- Ghoul : Add brief definition or description
- Primeval : Add brief definition or description
- Extinction : The complete elimination of a species.
- Wilderness : Add brief definition or description
- Madness : In psychology, human behaviors which are seen as abnormal, bizarre, against the norms of society, possibly violent and possibly dangerous to the person seen as mad or insane or crazy to himself or herself or to others.
- Nightmare : Add brief definition or description
- Murder : The unlawful killing of another human being without justification or excuse.
- Possession : Add brief definition or description
- Monster : A dangerous creature, usually fictional and often ugly and menacing, who often appears in literature and mythology and is associated with evil and wrongdoing, and is often a freak of nature or unusual in a hideous way. In Greek mythology, an example of a monster was the Minotaur which was part beast, and who ate humans.
- Underground : Add brief definition or description
- Wendy Feldheim : Add brief definition or description
- : U.K. publisher founded in 1935 by Allen Lane, known for inexpensive editions of serious literature.
- : The children's imprint of Penguin Books, founded in 1940.
- Adolescent : Individual from the onset of puberty to maturity.
- Earth : The third planet from the Sun in our solar system; the only place in the universe known by humanity to harbor life.