- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Banta, Martha. Taylored Lives: Narrative Production in the Age of Taylor, Veblen, and Ford. U. of Chicago Press, 1993. 431 pp.
- Robert Kanigel. The One Best Way: Frederick Winslow Taylor and the Enigma of Efficiency (2005) 704pp, the standard biography
- Nadworny, Milton J. Scientific Management and the Unions 1900-1932, A Historical Analysis. Harvard University Press, 1955.
- Nelson, Daniel. "Scientific Management and the Workplace, 1920-1935." In Masters to Managers, Historical and Comparative Perspectives on American Employers, ed. by Sanford Jacoby. Columbia University Press, 1991.
- Nyland, Chris. "Taylorism and Hours of Work." Journal of Management History 1 (1995): 8-25
- Schachter, H. L. Frederick Taylor and the Public Administration Community: A Reevaluation. State University of New York Press, 1989.
- Taylor, F. W. Scientific Management. 1911
- Waring, Stephen P. Taylorism Transformed: Scientific Management Theory since 1945. U of North Carolina Press. 1991. online edition
- Wren, Daniel A. The Evolution of Management Thought. 3rd ed. , 1987.