Corruption in Russia [moved from main as it requires significant work on neutrality - move back when fixed]
The modern Russia appears as a product of decay of the USSR in 1993. At the end of the USSR, the Soviet veterans were not lustrated and kept their treasures and power; so at the beginning of century 21, Russia is considered to be one of the most corrupted countries. The highest position in Russian Administration is occupied first by Bolshevik and soviet veteran Boris Yeltsun (1993-2000), and then by another Bolshevik and, in addition, the KGB agent Vladimir Putin. Putin is believed to keep the superior power. In 2008-2012, Putin used help of Dmitrii Medvedev who served him as president in 2008-2012; such a politics is called Castling  and provoked many jokes. Putin is believed to be führer  of the Russian corruption . The Putin's party United Russia is blamed in fascism and terrorism .
Since the USSR, the scientific level of Russian ministers drops down. They approve the school textbooks with severe errors . One of them is shown in figure at right, it pretends to demonstrate the analysis and synthesis of white light with prisms.
Corruption allows the people without education to get fake diploma and occupy the positions of directors and ministers ; they support pseudo-scientific research and explicit frauds, including construction of the perpetual motion machines, inertioids  and fabrication of fake archeological evidences . No big scientific project can be developed in Russia, because the funds are robbed by the top of the administration. In particular, this refers to the pretentious pseudo-scientific project "Skolkovo"  and to the cosmic projects. Russian officials attribute the failures of the Russian cosmic programs to foreign sabotage .
- http://www.europressresearch.eu/html/focus.php?id=88 Francesco Benvenuti. “Castling”: Medvedev and Putin change places. 2011, 10. At the United Russia congress on 24 September, Medvedev and Putin finally revealed who would be running in the presidential elections on March 2012: Putin. It was Medvedev himself who announced his candidature, while making himself available as head of government.
- http://hnn.us/roundup/entries/7455.html Zbigniew Brzezinski. Moscow's Mussolini (How Putin Is Creating a Fascist State). Sept. 20, 2004
- http://www.putin-itogi.ru/putin-what-10-years-of-putin-have-brought/ Vladimir Milov and Boris Nemtsov. PUTIN: What 10 Years of Putin Have Brought. (2010)
- http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article1884277.ece Michael Binyon. Is Putin the bully leading Russia into fascism? The Times, June 5, 2007
- http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2007/07/putin-russia-nashi-soviet Gavin Knight. The alarming spread of fascism in Putin's Russia. 24 July 2007.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcaszcXgoM4 A.Litvinenko: Putin killed Anna Politkovskaya. (In Russian with English translation). June 04, 2007.
- http://smolensk-2010.pl/2010-05-04-english-in-the-murder-of-kaczynskis-handwriting-is-seen-putin.html George Gordin. In the murder of Kaczynski's handwriting is seen Putin. 2010 May 4.
- http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/08/russia_obama_and_america_the_parasite.html Vladimir Socor. GRU Responsible For Bomb Incident At US Embassy In Tbilisi. Eurasia Daily Monitor, Volume: 8, Issue: 146. July 29, 2011 02:18 PM.
- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/8802732/Leaked-document-reveals-plans-to-eliminate-Russias-enemies-overseas.html Duncan Gardham. Russia 'gave agents license to kill' enemies of the state. 10:23PM BST 02 Oct 2011.
- http://www.pnas.org/content/109/41/16469.abstract Peter Klimek, Yuri Yegorov, Rudolf Hanel, and Stefan Thurner. Statistical detection of systematic election irregularities. Proceeding of the Natinal Academy of Sciences of the USA, vol. 109 no. 41, 16469-16473 (2012)
- http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2012/12/19/1206770110.full.pdf Ruben Enikolopov, Vasily Korovkin, Maria Petrova, Konstantin Sonin and Alexei Zakharov. Field experiment estimate of electoral fraud in Russian parliamentary elections. PNAS Early Edition. (2012)
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3545790/ Ruben Enikolopov, Vasily Korovkin, Maria Petrova, Konstantin Sonin and Alexei Zakharov. Field experiment estimate of electoral fraud in Russian parliamentary elections. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013 January 8; 110(2): 448-452. Published online 2012 December 24. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1206770110 // PMCID: PMC3545790
- http://www.barentsobserver.com/see-map-of-election-violations-in-barents-russia.4996359.html Rights groups and opposition party Yabloko claim that election officials fabricated 20 to 25 percent of United Russia"s votes in the parliamentary election. 2011-12-08.
- http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/1205/breaking6.html Reduced majority for Putin. December 5, 2011, 17:57
- http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/12/11/uk-russia-idUKTRE7BA0G520111211 Timothy Heritage. Medvedev orders Russia poll inquiry, gets insults. Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:42pm GMT. President Dmitry Medvedev ordered an investigation on Sunday into allegations of fraud in Russia's parliamentary election, one day after tens of thousands of protesters demanded it be annulled and rerun... "I do not agree with any slogans or statements made at the rallies. Nevertheless, instructions have been given by me to check all information from polling stations regarding compliance with the legislation on elections," Medvedev said in a post on the social media site.
- http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203391104577124540544822220.html GREGORY L. WHITE, ROB BARRY. Russia's Dubious Vote. Analysis of Parliamentary Results Points to Widespread Fraud. DECEMBER 28, 2011. Kremlin and United Russia officials have repeatedly denied major vote fraud... Russia's Central Election Commission didn't respond to requests for comment on the statistical analysis. In the past, the agency has said similar studies didn't indicate fraud but simply reflected peculiarities of Russia's electoral culture... The Wall Street Journal designed a computer program to assemble this month's official voting totals from the 95,228 electoral precincts across Russia. A subsequent statistical analysis revealed phenomena that scholars who study vote data say are suggestive of vote-rigging. "These are sometimes called the fingerprints of fraud," said Alberto Simpser, professor of political science at the University of Chicago. "If they all point in the same direction," he said, referring to statistical as well as observer and other evidence, "that's a very strong case."
- http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203391104577124540544822220.html GREGORY L. WHITE AND ROB BARRY. Russia's Dubious Vote. Analysis of Parliamentary Results Points to Widespread Fraud. December 28, 2011.
- http://en.rian.ru/russia/20120426/173064569.html Marc Bennetts. Medvedev Admits Failure in Fight against Corruption. 13:24. 26/04/2012
- http://www.fizika9kl.pm298.ru/g1_u5.htm УЧЕБНИК ПО ФИЗИКЕ 9 класс. Оптика. Глава 1. Световые волны. Урок 5. ДИСПЕРСИЯ СВЕТА. (1970–2012, In Russian)
- http://economistsview.typepad.com/economistsview/2006/03/putin_accused_o.html Mark Thoma. Putin Accused of Plagiarizing His Dissertation. March 26, 2006 at 12:43 AM.
- http://onerussian.eu/how-to-get-a-fake-diploma-in-russia/26/03/2011/ How to get a fake diploma in Russia. 26.03.2011.
- http://www.themoscowtimes.com/opinion/article/fake-diplomas--fake-modernization/414673.html Michael Bohm. Fake Diplomas = Fake Modernization. 03 September 2010
- http://www.trust.org/trustlaw/news/fake-diplomas-undermine-russias-education-system-moscow-times/ Luke Balleny. Fake diplomas undermine Russia's education system - Moscow Times. Tue, 7 Sep 2010 10:04 GMT
- http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20050329/39700712.html Andrei KISLYAKOV. RUSSIA TO HELP DEVELOP NUCLEAR-POWERED SPACECRAFT. 15:34 29/03/2005. ... the R&D institute of space systems near Moscow is busy developing a perpetuum mobile (perpetual-motion engine), of sorts. This engine that will have a virtually unlimited service life could be used on Earth and in outer space.// Our institute's staffers have been developing a non-jet propulsion unit for several years in a row, Valery Menshikov, who heads this institute, said in mid-March. A liquid or solid-state propulsive mass moves along a preset tornado-shaped trajectory inside this engine, thereby ensuring sustainable propulsion.
- http://english.pravda.ru/science/tech/14-04-2009/107399-Russian_scientists-0 Russian scientists test perpetual motion machine in space. "Pravda", 14.04.2009. Specialists of the Institute for Space Systems conducted successful tests of the perpetual motion machine in space. Valery Menshikov, the director of the institute, said that the machine was installed at Yubileiny satellite which was launched into orbit almost a year ago. The satellite can now move from one orbit to another with the help of the engine, which discharges no reaction mass.// The first tests were conducted in June and July of 2008. The tests revealed some problems that need further developments of the machine, but the orbital experiment was conducted successfully in general.
- http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/11/finding-ancient-treasure-just-another-day-for-putin/ J. DAVID GOODMAN. Finding Ancient Treasure: Just Another Day for Putin. August 11, 2011, 8:44 am.
- http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/aug/12/vladimir-putin-greek-urns-ridicule Tom Parfitt. Vladimir Putin's Greek urns claim earns ridicule. Russian PM 'discovers' two amphorae in shallow waters on the floor of the Black Sea in latest stage of televised heroics. The Guardian, Friday 12 August 2011 20.14 BST
- http://csis.org/blog/skolkovo-russian-silicon-valley Philip Kimmey. Skolkovo: Russian for Silicon Valley? APR 16, 2010. One good indicator of innovation is the number of scientific and technical journal articles produced. By comparison to the other BRIC countries, Russia performs poorly.
- http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/13/us-russia-skolkovo-fraud-idUSBRE91C0XC20130213 Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:38am ES. (Reuters) - Russian authorities are investigating two Skolkovo officials after auditors uncovered suspected embezzlement of budget funds, in a setback to a plan to create a Silicon Valley-style technology hub outside Moscow.
- http://www.themoscowtimes.com/mobile/article/475409.html Pair Stole Nearly $800K From Skolkovo 13 February 2013. The Moscow Times. Kirill Lugovtsev, financial director of the Skolkovo Fund, which supports the hub, and Vladimir Khokhlov, head of a subsidiary that handled customs and finance, were part of a group that arranged for a crooked contract to be awarded to a company owned by Lugovtsev's parents, investigators said.
- http://www.techweekeurope.co.uk/news/skolkovo-falls-victim-to-fraud-107360 Max Smolaks. 'Russian Silicon Valley' Skolkovo Falls Victim To Corruption. Management of the Skolkovo Innovation Centre is under investigation after $800,000 went missing. February 14, 2013.
- http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Global-News/2012/0110/Russia-hints-foreign-sabotage-may-be-behind-space-program-troubles Fred Weir. Russia hints foreign sabotage may be behind space program troubles The head of Russia's space agency said it is 'suspicious' that most of the program's accidents occur in places that Russian radars can't reach. January 10, 2012. "It is unclear why our setbacks often occur when the vessels are traveling through what for Russia is the 'dark' side of the Earth - in areas where we do not see the craft and do not receive its telemetry readings," Popovkin said in an interview with the pro-government daily newspaper Izvestia.
Well, it's substantially accurate, though not very neutral in tone. And of course the English is awful. A couple of illustrations.
- The Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague recently found Russia guilty of looting Yukos, just one example of many such.
- When a lawyer called Magnitzky exposed this sort of thing, he was tortured to death by the police and then put on trial for tax fraud. This seems to be the first postumous trial since that of Pope Formosus in the Dark Ages.
Peter Jackson 16:50, 16 October 2014 (UTC)
Interesting is the European Court of Human Rights table of violations found in 2013: . Russia has more "convictions" than any other member, though Turkey is only just behind. It's been found guilty of violating all the articles except slavery, thought, marriage, discrimination and education. And remember that's just in one year. Peter Jackson 10:46, 20 October 2014 (UTC)