- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Healy, D.M.; D.N. Rockmore & P.J. Kostelec et al. (2003), "FFTs for the 2-Sphere-Improvements and Variations", Journal of Fourier Analysis and Applications 9 (4): 341–385, DOI:10.1007/s00041-003-0018-9
- Ferrers, N.M. (1877). An Elementary Treatise on Spherical Harmonics and Subjects Connected with Them. Macmillan.
- Hobson, E. W. (1931). The Theory of Spherical and Ellipsoidal Harmonics. Cambridge University Press. (Reprinted by Chelsea, New York, 1965).
- T. M. MacRobert (1967, 3rd ed.). Spherical Harmonics. Pergamon Press.
- Mak, L.; S. Grandison & R.J. Morris (2008), "An extension of spherical harmonics to region-based rotationally invariant descriptors for molecular shape description and comparison", Journal of Molecular Graphics and Modelling 26 (7): 1035–1045, DOI:10.1016/j.jmgm.2007.08.009
- Morris, Richard J.; Najmanovich, Rafael J.; Kahraman, Abdullah; Thornton, Janet M. (2005), "Real spherical harmonic expansion coefficients as 3D shape descriptors for protein binding pocket and ligand comparisons", Bioinformatics 21 (10): 2347-2355, DOI:10.1093/bioinformatics/bti337
- Hopenfeld, B. (2004), "Spherical harmonic-based finite element meshing scheme for modelling current flow within the heart", Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing 42: 847-851, DOI:10.1007/BF02345219
- Ritchie, David W. (1999), "Fast computation, rotation, and comparison of low resolution spherical harmonic molecular surfaces", Journal of Computational Chemistry 20: 383-395
- Duncan, B.S. & A.J. Olson (1993), "Shape analysis of molecular surfaces", Biopolymers 33 (2): 231–238, DOI:10.1002/bip.360330205
- Duncan, Bruce S. (1993), "Approximation and characterization of molecular surfaces", Biopolymers 33: 219-229, DOI:10.1002/bip.360330204