Second (physics)/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Second (physics), or pages that link to Second (physics) or to this page or whose text .
- Time : A fundamental quantity in physics - that what differs always between two inspections of the same system by the same observer.
- International System of Units : Metric unit system based on the metre, kilogram, second, ampere, kelvin, mole and candela.
- Speed of light : A physical constant c describing the speed of electromagnetic radiation in vacuum. In the International System of Units the metre is the distance light travels in classical vacuum in 1/c seconds, using the defined value c = c0 ≡ 299 792 458 m/s (exact).
- Millisecond : Add brief definition or description
- Microsecond : Add brief definition or description
- Nanosecond : Add brief definition or description
- Femtosecond : Add brief definition or description
- Picosecond : Add brief definition or description
- Year : A unit of time measurement that corresponds to one revolution of the earth around the sun, approximately 365¼ days.
- Month : Unit of time originally corresponding approximately to one cycle of the moon's phases, or about 30 days or 4 weeks.
- Week : Time unit equal to a number of days, now usually seven calendar days, previously weeks of between 4 and 20 days have been used historically in various places.
- Day : Defined as 86,400 seconds, using the SI definition of second.
- Hour : Add brief definition or description
- Minute : Add brief definition or description
- Metric units : Obsolete term for a system of units in which the unit of length is the meter, the unit of mass the kilogram, and the unit of time the second.
- Hertz : The international (SI) unit of frequency, with units of inverse seconds, commonly called cycles per seocond.
- Frequency : For a periodic (i.e., repeating) phenomena, the number of repetitions per unit of time, usually one second; measured in Hertz
- Electromagnetic wave : A change, periodic in space and time, of an electric field E(r,t) and a magnetic field B(r,t); a stream of electromagnetic waves, referred to as electromagnetic radiation, can be seen as a stream of massless elementary particles, named photons.
- Light second : Distance that light travels in vacuum in one second; 2.99792458 * 108m.
- Hyperfine level : Add brief definition or description
- Caesium : A chemical element, having the chemical symbol Cs, and atomic number (the number of protons) 55.
- Isotope : An atom of a chemical element with a specific number of neutrons and hence a specific nuclear mass, such as carbon-14 (14C).