Salt and health/External Links
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner and consider archiving the URLs behind the links you provide. See also related web sources.
Many other government bodies are listed in the References section above.
- France: Afssa – Agence française de sécurité sanitaire des aliments (French Food Safety Agency) Salt
- France: Afssa Report on Salt: Evaluation and recommendations
- France: Afssa Salt consumption: How things stand five years on, thanks to INCA 2
- Ireland: Food Safety Authority of Ireland Salt and Health
- UK: Food Standards Agency Salt campaign
- UK: Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition (SACN) Salt and Health (PDF) and Salt Subgroup minutes
- UK: Why 6g? A summary of the scientific evidence for the salt intake target
- The Cochrane Collaboration "Effect of longer-term modest salt reduction on blood pressure"
- Menzies Research Institute Salt Matters Web Site
- University of Florida Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (UF/IFAS) Nutrition for Health and Fitness: Sodium in Your Diet
Charities and campaigns
- British Nutrition Foundation article "Salt in the Diet"
- Consensus Action on Salt and Health (UK charity)
- Action on Salt and Health
- CSPI page Salt: The Forgotten Killer
- Irish Heart Foundation booklet Time to cut down on salt (PDF format)
- World Action on Salt and Health (WASH)
- BBC article "Salt: friend or foe?"
- BBC medical notes "Salt"
- Guardian article The sceptic
- Ockham's Razor Salt matters - talk by Dr Trevor Beard, Menzies Research Institute (ABC Radio National 4th February 2007)
- Gary Taubes, "The (Political) Science of Salt", Science, 14 August 1998, Vol. 281. no. 5379, pp. 898 - 907
- Salt and other wounds
- EuSalt Position papers
- LoSalt (salt substitute manufacturer)
- Salt Manufacturers' Association Salt and health
- Salt Institute Sodium and health