Ron Rivest/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Ron Rivest, or pages that link to Ron Rivest or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Ron Rivest. Needs checking by a human.
- AES competition : A competition run by the US National Institute of Standards and Technology to chose a block cipher to become the Advanced Encryption Standard.
- Block cipher : A symmetric cipher that operates on fixed-size blocks of plaintext, giving a block of ciphertext for each
- Data Encryption Standard : A block cipher specification issued by the U.S. government in 1976, intended for sensitive but unclassified data. It is now obsolescent, succeeded by the Advanced Encryption Standard, but still used in commercial systems.
- Hash (cryptography) : An algorithm that produces a fixed-size digest from an input of essentially arbitrary size.
- RSA algorithm : A widely used public key encryption algorithm whose strength depends on the difficulty of integer factorisation.
- Rivest ciphers : A set of symmetric-key encryption algorithms invented by Ron Rivest.
- Stream cipher : A cipher that encrypts data by mixing it with the output of a pseudorandom number generator controlled by a key; to decrypt, run the same generator with the same key to get the same pseudorandom data, then reverse the mixing step.