Republic of Yemen/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Republic of Yemen, or pages that link to Republic of Yemen or to this page or whose text .
- Yemen : A Middle Eastern country with a coast on the Red Sea and the Indian Ocean, and land borders with Saudi Arabia and Oman.
- Al-Qaeda : International islamist terrorist network. Responsible for the 9-11 attack and other terrorist attacks.
- President of Yemen : Head of state of the Republic of Yemen, currently Ali Abdallah Salih
- Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula : "Affiliate" al-Qaeda group principally in Yemen and also Saudi Arabia
- Nasser al-Wahishi : A Yemeni, believed to head Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, who escaped from a prison, in the capital of Yemen, in 2006
- Abdul Majid al-Zindani : Yemenite cleric linked to al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula and Ansar al-Islam
- Anwar al-Aulaqi : American-born radical Islamic cleric, later resident in Yemen, who was associated with al-Qaeda and Hamas, Nidal Hasan and possibly Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab (1971-2011).
- Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab : Nigerian citizen, apparently radicalized by Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula during a stay in Yemen, who attempted a suicide bombing while a passenger on Northwest Airlines Flight 253, Amsterdam to Detroit, on 25 December 2009
- Al-Shabaab (insurgency) : An Islamist group in Somalia, accused of having generic terrorism and specific al-Qaeda affiliations
- Islamic sectarian conflict : Fighting between different sects of Islam or related religions, such as Sunni vs. Shi'a or Shi'a vs. Baha'i
- Qat : Natural stimulant plant grown and used recreationally in East Africa; highly perishable; important in social bonding, especially in Somalia and Yemen
- Israel-Palestine Conflict : Politics, insurgency, terrorism, and counterinsurgency between the State of Israel and the population of the Occupied Territories of the West Bank and Gaza
- Hamas : The most powerful political and military organization in the Occupied Territories, especially the Gaza Strip; offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood but not Salafism
- Palestinian Islamic Jihad : A Sunni organization dedicated to the destruction of the State of Israel, not part of the Palestinian Authority or offering services in the Occupied Territories, with offices in Syria and Yemen
- Gulf Cooperation Council : Add brief definition or description
- Iran : Country in the Middle East.
- Piracy : Violence against, or detention of, by private individuals, against aircraft or ships under national registry
- Saudi Arabia : A country in the Middle East, governed by a monarchy under Islamic law, which includes the most revered sites in Islam, and also dominates the world's oil economy.
- Oman : Country located in Southwest Asia which borders the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Yemen.
- Eritrea : Republic located along the north-east littoral of Africa, adjacent to the Horn of Africa and Red Sea.
- U.S. policy towards Yemen : Add brief definition or description
- Salafism : A strict branch of Sunni Islam, dedicated to the restoration of the Caliphate, often by means of armed jihad