- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Borojevic, S. (1990) Principles and Methods of Plant Breeding. Elsevier, Amsterdam. ISBN 0-444-98832-7
- Chrispeels, M.J.,and Sadava, D.E. Editors.(2003) Plants, Genes, and Crop Biotechnology. 2nd Edition. Jones and Bartlett/American Society of Plant Biologists ISBN 0-7637-1586-7
- Duvick DN. (2001) Biotechnology in the 1930s: the development of hybrid maize. Nat Rev Genet. 2001 Jan;2(1):69-74.
- Fedoroff, N. V. and Brown, N. M. (2004) Mendel in the Kitchen: A Scientist's View of Genetically Modified Food. National Academy Press. ISBN 0-3090-9205-1
- Gepts, P. (2002) A Comparison between Crop Domestication, Classical Plant Breeding, and Genetic Engineering. Crop Science 42:1780–1790
- Origins of Agriculture and Crop Domestication - The Harlan Symposium
- Gewin V (2003) Genetically Modified Corn— Environmental Benefits and Risks. PLoS Biol 1(1): e8 DOI: 10.1371/journal.pbio.0000008
- Hoisington, D. and others (1999) Plant genetic resources: What can they contribute toward increased crop productivity? Proc. Natl. Acad Sci USA. Vol. 96, Issue 11, 5937-5943, May 25, 1999. (This paper was presented at the National Academy of Sciences colloquium "Plants and Population: Is There Time?" held December 5-6, 1998, at the Arnold and Mabel Beckman Center in Irvine, CA).
- Jauhar, Prem P. (2006) Modern biotechnology as an integral supplement to conventional plant breeding: the prospects and challenges. Crop Science 46.5 (Sept-Oct 2006): p1841(19).
- McCouch, S. (2004) Diversifying Selection in Plant Breeding. PLoS Biol 2(10): e347.
- Reeves, T.G., S. Rajaram, M. van Ginkel, R. Trethowan, H-J. Braun, and K. Cassaday. (1999). New Wheats for a Secure, Sustainable Future. Mexico, D.F.: CIMMYT.
- Pfeiffer, T. W. (2003) From classical plant breeding to modern crop improvement. Chapter 14 In Chrispeels, M.J.,and Sadava, D.E. 2003 Editors. Plants, Genes, and Crop Biotechnology. 2nd Edition. Jones and Bartlett/American Society of Plant Biologists ISBN 0-7637-1586-7