People's Republic of China/Bibliography
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Blunden, Caroline, and Mark Elvin. Cultural Atlas of China (2nd ed 1998) excerpt and text search
- Chow, Gregory C. China's Economic Transformation (2nd ed. 2007) excerpt and text search
- Donald, Stephanie Hemelry, and Robert Benewick. The State of China Atlas: Mapping the World's Fastest Growing Economy (2005) excerpt and text search
- Eberhard, Wolfram. A History of China (2005), 380 pages' full text online free
- Entwisle, Barbara, and Gail E. Henderson, eds. Re-Drawing Boundaries: Work, Households, and Gender in China, (2000); on 1990s
- Fairbank, John King, and Merle Goldman. China: A New History. (1998). 546 pp.
- Gries, Peter Hays. China's New Nationalism: Pride, Politics, and Diplomacy, (2004); recent history
- National Geographic. National Geographic Atlas of China (2007)
- Naughton, Barry. The Chinese Economy: Transitions and Growth (2007), important new survey
- Ogden S. (ed) China. McGraw-Hill/Dushkin. (2006)
- Oi, Jean C. Rural China Takes Off: Institutional Foundations of Economic Reform, (1999)
- Perkins, Dorothy. Encyclopedia of China: The Essential Reference to China, Its History and Culture. (1999). 662 pp.
- Rawski, Thomas G. and Lillian M. Li, eds. Chinese History in Economic Perspective, (1992) online free
- Roberts, J. A. G. A Concise History of China. (1999). 341 pp.
- Schoppa, R. Keith. The Columbia Guide to Modern Chinese History. (2000). 356 pp. online edition
- Shambaugh, David. Modernizing China's Military: Progress, Problems, and Prospects (2003)
- Spence, Jonathan D. The Search for Modern China (1991), 876pp; well written survey from 1644 to 1980s excerpt and text search; complete edition online
- Wang, Ke-wen, ed. Modern China: An Encyclopedia of History, Culture, and Nationalism. (1998). 442 pp.