- See also changes related to Paleoconservatism, or pages that link to Paleoconservatism or to this page or whose text .
- American conservatism : A diverse mix of political ideologies that share support for market economics, some view of American exceptionalism and, generally, decentralization of government; differing views of individual liberties versus enforcement of morality; in opposition to liberalism, socialism and communism; factions include libertarianism, social conservatism, nativism (politics) and neoconservatism
- American nationalism : A belief that American exceptionalism extends into foreign affairs, but in several forms, such as Wilsonian American nationalism where the U.S. will benefit other nations by making them like it, or Jacksonian American nationalism tending toward isolationism
- Patrick Buchanan : U.S. paleoconservative journalist and political candidate; early assistant to Richard Nixon and speechwriter for Ronald Reagan
- Sam Francis : Add brief definition or description
- Anthony Gancarski : U.S. political writer who shifted from the "antiwar Right" coalition (writing for AntiWar.com and American Conservative and libertarianism to neoconservatism and writing for Frontpage Magazine
- Peter Gemma : Treasurer and Board Member, American Conservative Defense Alliance; columnist with Middle American News; commentator for USA Today and for such publications as the Washington Examiner, Military History, Human Events, www.newiranpolicy.org, and The Social Contract Quarterly; guest, Political Cesspool; ally of Pat Buchanan; has written for Occidental Quarterly, with the same publisher as the Occidental Observer
- Samuel Huntington : An American political scientist, futurist and sociologist (1927-2008), with numerous academic and government posts; well known for his "clash of civilizations" theories and analysis of the motivations of soldiers
- Neoconservatism : A political philosophy and ideology which combines many traditional conservative opinions with an emphasis on the importance of foreign policy and using American power to push democracy forward.
- Libertarianism : A political ideology that regards individual freedom as having the highest value in society.
- Nativism (politics) : Interests of certain established inhabitants of an area or nation as compared to claims of newcomers or immigrants.