Orphan Black: Echoes
Orphan Black: Echoes is a spinoff of the successful television series Orphan Black that premiered in 2012. The spinoff was announced in 2019, and will be broadcast on AMC in 2023. The original series was broadcast by BBC America.
Although the new series will feature new characters with no overlap with the previous cast, John Fawcett, one of the creators of the original is a creator of the new series. Anne Fishko will be in charge of the series' writing staff, and will be an executive producer.
The first season will have ten episodes, during which, according to the producer's synopsis, “It follows a group of women as they weave their way into each other’s lives and embark on a thrilling journey, unravelling the mystery of their identity and uncovering a wrenching story of love and betrayal,”
Reporting from Deadline magazine on July 28, 2022, implied Ritter would be playing a single individual, "with an unimaginable origin story". Earlier reporting indicated that Ritter's boyfriend soon discovers she has an "unimaginable secret". He is described as "a former Army medic and single father".
Amanda Fix's character is described as a smart, reckless, teenage girl, adopted by rich parents.
- Joe Otterson. New Orphan Black Series in Development at AMC (EXCLUSIVE), Variety magazine, 2019-03-12. “Sources stressed, however, that this would not be a spinoff or reboot of the original series, but rather a completely new story set in the same world. The producers are currently seeking a writer for the project and are looking to bring in multiple people to pitch different takes on what the show could be.” mirror
- Joe Otterson. ‘Orphan Black’ Sequel Series at AMC Sets Anna Fishko to Write (EXCLUSIVE), Variety magazine, 2022-02-04. Retrieved on 2022-02-06. mirror
- Makuochi Echebiri. 'Orphan Black: Echoes' Adds Avan Jogia and Amanda Fix, Collider, 2022-08-26. Retrieved on 2022-09-08. “However, some things will remain the same, as the new show will see the return of Orphan Black co-creators Anna Fishko and John Fawcett.” mirror
- Vlada Gelman. Orphan Black Offshoot Echoes Ordered to Series at AMC Networks, TV Line, 2022-04-06. Retrieved on 2022-04-06. mirror
- Andreeva Nellie. Krysten Ritter To Star In ‘Orphan Black: Echoes’ AMC Networks Series, Deadline magazine, 2022-07-28. Retrieved on 2022-07-29. “Ritter’s Lucy is a woman with an unimaginable origin story, trying to find her place in the world.” mirror
- Keeley Hawes joins the cast of AMC Networks' and Boat Rocker's Orphan Black: Echoes, AMC Network, 2022-08-30. Retrieved on 2022-09-08. “Hawes will portray a perceptive but sensitive scientist who finds herself at odds with her own moral code when circumstances lead her to make an unthinkable choice.”
- Josh Haigh. Bodyguard's Keeley Hawes joins Orphan Black spinoff, Digital Spy. Retrieved on 2022-09-08. “Tatiana Maslany led the original Orphan Black series from 2013-2017 and played numerous cloned characters. However, it remains unknown whether the She-Hulk star will reprise any of her roles in the spinoff.”