Operation CARTWHEEL/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Operation CARTWHEEL, or pages that link to Operation CARTWHEEL or to this page or whose text .
- World War Two in the Pacific : The part of World War II (1937-45) fought in Asia and the Pacific Ocean between Japan and the U.S., China, Britain, Australia, and other Allies.
- Bismarck Archipelago : A system of islands in Micronesia, near New Guinea
- Island hopping : U.S. strategic doctrine of World War Two in the Pacific, in which Japanese island bases were invaded only if their land was needed, but bypassed and blockaded if they simply needed to be neutralized
- Battlefield air interdiction : Air warfare intended to support ground troops, not by direct firepower but interfering with enemy supplies, reinforcements and communications