Office of Legal Counsel/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Office of Legal Counsel, or pages that link to Office of Legal Counsel or to this page or whose text .
- U.S. Department of Justice : The Cabinet level department headed by the Attorney General, which supervises the FBI and 58 other Agencies.
- Jay Bybee : Currently a judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and a law professor, he was Assistant Attorney General for the Office of the Legal Counsel in the George W. Bush Administration, and had a prominent role in legal opinions related to interrogation of prisoners
- Steven Bradbury : A U.S. lawyer who served as the Acting Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Legal Counsel between 2005 and 2009 during the George W. Bush Administration; he is now in private practice
- Jack Goldsmith : US law professor specializing in international law; former Assistant Attorney General, Office of Legal Counsel in the George W. Bush Administration
- John Yoo : Professor of law at the University of California at Berkeley School of Law since 1993; between 2001 and 2003; deputy assistant attorney general in the Office of Legal Counsel, working on separation of powers, presidential authority, intelligence interrogation and extraordinary rendition; Visiting Scholar at the American Enterprise Institute
- High Value Detainee : Terrorist suspects in U.S. custody, considered to have critical information, for which the Central Intelligence Agency was authorized to use interrogation techniques beyond those normally permitted
- Intelligence interrogation, U.S., George W. Bush Administration : The policies and practices authorized for interrogation of suspected terrorists by the United States Department of Defense and the United States intelligence community during the George W. Bush Administration
- Enhanced interrogation techniques : Coercive interrogation techniques, originally used on U.S. High Value Detainees believed to have critical information on potential terrorism, which are controversial as to whether they violated U.S. and international law
- Abu Zubaydah : The first High Value Detainee captured by the United States; believed to be a senior al-Qaeda logistics and travel facilitator, and possibly a counterintelligence officer
- Extrajudicial detention, U.S., George W. Bush Administration : Policies and practices relevant to detention in intelligence and military facilities, the latter when no prisoner of war status was granted
- Alberto Gonzales : Add brief definition or description
- Dick Cheney : (1941–) U.S. Vice President in the George W. Bush Administration and advocate of neoconservatism and unitary Presidential authority; currently a political commentator; U.S. Secretary of Defense in the George H. W. Bush Administration; spouse of Lynne Cheney; father of Liz Cheney
- David Addington : U.S. lawyer, closely affiliated with Dick Cheney, who is an advocate of extremely strong Presidential power