Nguyen Ngoc Tho/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Nguyen Ngoc Tho, or pages that link to Nguyen Ngoc Tho or to this page or whose text .
- Republic of Vietnam : The Republic of Vietnam (RVN) (1954-1975; commonly called South Vietnam (SVN)) is the political entity created by the Geneva Accords of 1954 that partitioned French Indochina. The Republic of Vietnam ended in 1975 at the end of the Vietnam War.
- Ngo Dinh Diem : President of the Republic of Vietnam from shortly after its creation, to his overthrow and death in the Vietnam War, Buddhist crisis and military coup of 1963. He was of the Catholic minority, ascetic and autocratic, and strongly anti-Communist
- Duong Van Minh : Vietnamese general who led the 1963 overthrow of Ngo Dinh Diem and final President of the Republic of Vietnam in 1975.
- Vietnam War, Buddhist crisis and military coup of 1963 : During the Vietnam War, a period of increasing domestic instability in the Republic of Viet Nam (South Vietnam), starting with harshly suppressed protests in April 1963 and ending with a military coup in November, during which President Ngo Dinh Diem and his brother, political advisor Ngo Dinh Nhu, were shot and killed shortly after being captured