Naval ranks/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Naval ranks, or pages that link to Naval ranks or to this page or whose text .
- Navy : A military force organized primarily for missions on, under, or above bodies of water
- Coast Guard : Add brief definition or description
- Admiral : The highest rank in a navy, or the name of the group of "flag officer" grades (e.g., vice admiral)
- Vice admiral : Usually the second-highest military rank of admiral in Naval service, often called "three-star", equivalent to ground/air force lieutenant general
- Rear admiral : The lowest or next-to-lowest military rank of admiral in Naval service
- Commodore (naval) : Military rank used in many navies for officers whose position exceeds that of a navy captain, but is less than that of a rear admiral.
- Captain (naval) : The naval rank of the commanding officer of a larger naval vessel; the senior naval rank below the flag officers
- Commander : Add brief definition or description
- Lieutenant commander : Add brief definition or description
- Lieutenant (naval) : A junior commissioned officer, who may command a smaller vessel.
- Petty officer : A noncommissioned officer in a navy
- Warrant officer : Add brief definition or description
- Seamen : A general term for a sailor, in military usage a junior enlisted rank.
- Military rank : The basic means of establishing the relative authority and status of personnel in a military organization