Mary I (England)/Bibliography
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Duffy, Eamon, and David Loades, eds. The Church of Mary Tudor. (2006) 380pp; essays by scholars excerpt and text search
- Froude, James Anthony. History of England from the Fall of Wolsey to the Defeat of the Spanish Armada (1856) vol 6. old and hostile to "Bloody Mary" but famous narrative complete text online
- Loach, Jennifer. "Mary Tudor and the Re-catholicisation of England." History Today 1994 44(11): 16-22. Issn: 0018-2753 Fulltext: Ebsco
- Loach, Jennifer. Parliament and the Crown in the Reign of Mary Tudor. (1986). 262 pp.
- Loach, Jennifer, and Robert Tittler, eds. The Mid-Tudor Polity c. 1540-1560 (1980)
- Loades, David. The Reign of Mary Tudor: Politics, Government, and Religion in England 1553-1558 (1979), 516pp
- Loades, David. Mary Tudor: The Tragical History of the First Queen of England (2006), the standard scholarly biography excerpt and text search
- Loades, David. Mary Tudor: A Life (1989), stresses Mary's psychological dependency and the weaknesses of her policies of restoration of papal authority and the Spanish alliance
- Loades, David. "The Reign of Mary Tudor: Historiography and Research." Albion 1989 21(4): 547-558. Issn: 0095-1390
- Powell, Raymond Arthur. "Reform, Reaction, and Renewal: The English Church during the Reign of Mary Tudor." PhD dissertation U. of Virginia 2006. 479 pp. DAI 2006 67(5): 1774-A. DA3218463 Fulltext: ProQuest Dissertations & Theses
- Richards, Judith M. "Mary Tudor as 'Sole Quene?' Gendering Tudor Monarchy." Historical Journal 1997 40(4): 895-924. Issn: 0018-246x in Jstor
- Thurston, Herbert. "Mary Tudor," Catholic Encyclopedia (1910) online edition
- Tittler, R. The Reign of Mary I (1983), a standard history
- Weikel, Ann. "Mary I (1516–1558)", Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, (2004) online edition, Jan 2008