M249 machine gun/Related Articles
- See also changes related to M249 machine gun, or pages that link to M249 machine gun or to this page or whose text .
- Machine gun : A firearm capable not only of full-automatic fire, but with additional features, such as large ammunition supply mechanisms, barrel cooling or quick-change features, etc., that lets it fire for prolonged periods
- Light machine gun : Usually intended to provide fire support in a squad (infantry) or fire team, a lightweight full automatic machine gun; can be fired by one soldier who is usually assisted by an ammunition bearer
- 5.56mm light machine gun : Add brief definition or description
- Belt-fed : A means of providing a continuous flow of ammunition to a machine gun, from continuous belts of ammunition that are at least partially manipulated by a human gunner
- Fabrique Nationale : More commonly called FN, this is a worldwide manufacturer of firearms, both military and civilian, with the sporting versions under the Browning and Winchester trademarks
- M134 (machine gun) : A U.S. medium machine gun, firing 7.62mm ammunition but rotating-barrel and belt-fed as opposed to the more common, but slower firing single barrel machine guns.
- M16 (rifle) : The primary U.S. infantry rifle, an assault rifle firing 5.56mm intermediate power ammunition; M4 (rifle) is the carbine (i.e., shorter-length) version
- M60 (machine gun) : A widely used, U.S. designed medium machine gun firing 7.62mm NATO-standard rifle ammunition, but not itself being a NATO standard weapon