Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Baecque, Antoine De. "From Royal Dignity to Republican Austerity: the Ritual for the Reception of Louis XVI in the French National Assembly (1789-1792)." Journal of Modern History 1994 66(4): 671-696. in Jstor
- Burley, Peter. "A Bankrupt Regime." History Today (Jan 1984) 34:36-42. Issn: 0018-2753 Fulltext in EBSCO
- Doyle, William. Origins of the French Revolution (3rd ed. 1999) online edition
- Doyle, William. "The Execution of Louis XVI and the End of the French Monarchy." History Review. (2000) pp 21+ online edition
- Dunn, Susan. The Deaths of Louis XVI: Regicide and the French Political Imagination. (1994). 178 pp.
- Hardman, John. Louis XVI: The Silent King (1994) 224 pages, the standard scholarly biography
- Hardman, John. French Politics, 1774-1789: From the Accession of Louis XVI to the Fall of the Bastille. (1995). 283 pp.
- Jones, Colin. The Great Nation: France from Louis XV to Napoleon (2002) excerpt and text search
- Padover, Saul K. The Life and Death of Louis XVI (1939) online edition
- Price, Munro. The Road from Versailles: Louis XVI, Marie Antoinette, and the Fall of the French Monarchy (2004) 425 pp. excerpt and text search; also published as The Fall of the French Monarchy: Louis XVI, Marie Antoinette and the Baron de Breteuil. (2002)
- Rigney, Ann. "Toward Varennes." New Literary History 1986 18(1): 77-98. Issn: 0028-6087; in Jstor, on historiography
- Schama, Simon. Citizens. A Chronicle of the French Revolution (1989), highly readable narrative by scholar excerpt and text search
- Tackett, Timothy. When the King Took Flight. (2003). 270 pp. excerpt and text search
- Marie Antoinette. Memoirs of Marie Antoinette, Queen of France and Wife of Louis XVI: Queen of France (1910) complete edition online
- Doyle, William, ed. Old Regime France (2001).