- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner and consider archiving the URLs behind the links you provide. See also related web sources.
- Impressive lightning photography More than 200 Lightning-Pictures
- Video of a heavy thunderstorm Source: German Weather Chronicles
- How cosmic rays trigger lightning strikes
- Article from How Stuff Works
- Video: Lightning protection for an Antenna
- UK Met Office lightning safety and power advice
- dmoz: Thunderstorms and Lightning
- Lightning Safety Page - National Weather Service Pueblo Colorado Citat: "...This is known as a "side flash". Many people who are "struck" by lightning are not hit directly by the main lightning channel, but are affected by the side flash..."
- Lightning Facts
- Laser Beam Triggers Lightning Strike During Japanese Experiment
- Colorado Lightning Resource Center
- Webarchive: April 25,1997 Sandia-led research may zap old beliefs about lightning protection at critical facilities; Triggered lightning tests leading to safer storage bunkers
- 2003-11-06, ScienceDaily: Thunderstorm Research Shocks Conventional Theories; Florida Tech Physicist Throws Open Debate On Lightning's Cause
- Huge oak tree destroyed by lightning, by Igor Chudov
- Austrian Lightning Detection and Information System
- European Cooperation for Lightning Detection
- How to Photograph Lightning A page with both brief and verbose instructions on taking lightning photos.
- Lightning strike to aircraft
- Lightning and The Empire State Building NYC
- Lightning Gallery Flickr set of lightning from around the world
- Positive Lightning Strike Photo of a nearby positive lightning strike that nearly kills the Australian photographer
- Petrified lightning (fulgurites) from Central Florida
- United States Precision Lightning Network - Live lightning data map
- NASA Finds Lightning Clears Safe Zone in Earth's Radiation Belt
- AMS Glossary: Dart Leader
- NOAA: What is Lightning?
Theories of Lightning formation: http://www.enviromom.us/lightning/lightning%20formation.htm
Jets, sprites, and elves
- Homepage of the Eurosprite campaign, itself part of the CAL (Coupled Atmospheric Layers research group
- March 2, 1999, University of Houston: UH Physicists Pursue Lightning-Like Mysteries Quote: "...Red sprites and blue jets are brief but powerful lightning-like flashes that appear at altitudes of 40-100 km (25-60 miles) above thunderstorms..."
- Barrington-Leigh, C. P., "Elves : Ionospheric Heating By the Electromagnetic Pulses from Lightning (A primer)". Space Science Lab, Berkeley.
- "Darwin Sprites '97". Space Physics Group, University of Otago.
- Gibbs, W. Wayt, "Sprites and Elves : Lightning's strange cousins flicker faster than light itself". San Francisco. ScientificAmerican.com.
- Barrington-Leigh, Christopher, "VLF Research at Palmer Station".
- Heavenly light show caught on film (Nature) - Requires subscription to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lucky snapshot: lightning strikes chemical mill in Germany
- Lightning detection system shows lightning activity in the Tampa Bay, Florida area