- Afghanistan : A Islamic republic in Central Asia, with an unstable but elected government; borders China, Iran, Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan
- Provinces of Afghanistan : There are 34 Provinces of Afghanistan.
- Kabul Province : Add brief definition or description
- Parwan Province : A relatively peaceful province of Afghanistan, north of Kabul, and containing the key all-season route from the capital to the northern part of the country
- Shomali Plain : A plateau north of Kabul in Afghanistan, once fertile, devastated by war, and now being restored as farmland; it provides access to the only relatively safe north-south route in the country
- Nangarhar Province : A province on the east of Afghanistan, on the Pakistani frontier, which forms its south and eastern sides; its major internal boundaries are with Kabul Province on its west, Langhman and Kunar Provinces to the north; the capital is Jalalabad, nearest town to the Battle of Tora Bora
- International Security Assistance Force : United Nations authorized, North Atlantic Treaty Organization-commanded military and security force in Afghanistan, in both a combat and training role
- Bagram Airport : A large airport, near Kabul, Afghanistan, with extensive military facilities.
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Kabul. Needs checking by a human.
- Afghanistan War (2001-), major combat phase : During the Afghanistan War (2001-), the period of combat by Afghan ground forces, with U.S. and British air & special operations support, which drove the Taliban and al-Qaeda from their bases, in October through December 2001
- Afghanistan War (2001-) : Beginning on October 7, 2001, in response to the 9-11 attacks, military operations against the Taliban and al-Qaeda by United States and NATO forces
- Herat : Capital of Herat Province in western Afghanistan, bordering Iran and Turkmenistan; often considered the cultural capital of Afghanistan
- Northern Alliance : A military alliance against the Taliban in Afghanistan's civil war, which, with U.S. assistance, drove it from power in the Afghanistan War (2001-)
- Operation ANACONDA (Afghanistan War 2001-) : Operations by U.S. and Afghan forces in the Shah-i-Kot Valley, pursuing Taliban and al-Qaeda fighters after the fall of Kabul and Kandahar