Ideal gas law/Bibliography
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- "General Chemistry, 2nd Ed.", pp 103-117, D. D. Ebbing & M. S. Wrighton, Houghton Mifflin, Boston, 1987.
- "General Chemistry with Qualitative Analysis, 2nd Ed.", pp. 263-278, Saunders College Publishing, Philadelphia, 1984.
- Talbot, G.R. & A.J. Pacey (1972), "Antecedents of Thermodynamics in the Work of Guillaume Amontons", Centaurus 16 (1): 20–40, DOI:10.1111/j.1600-0498.1972.tb00163.x
- Puts the work of Guillaume Amontons in the context of chemical and physical investigations during the late 17th and early 18th century. Highlights his contributions to what we now call thermodynamics and emphasizes that he came to his theoretical conclusions while working on very practical problems (e.g. accurately measuring weather conditions on board of a marine vessel).
- Guillaume Amontons, « Moyens de substituer commodément l’action du feu à la force des hommes et des chevaux pour mouvoir les machines », Mémoires de l’Académie des sciences de Paris, (presented 1699, published 1702), Paris, p. 112-126.