Ibn Tamiyya/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Ibn Tamiyya, or pages that link to Ibn Tamiyya or to this page or whose text .
- Jihad : Literally meaning "struggle", a Muslim concept that can refer to an inward-directed personal process to submit to God's will, or to an external combat with the enemies of Islam
- Hanbali : Add brief definition or description
- Wahhabism : A socially conservative branch of Sunni Islam, strongest in the House of Saud, which rules Saudi Arabia
- Sufism : Add brief definition or description
- Sharia : The Muslim system of law and rule of conduct inspired by the Qur'an, the Sunna, traditional law systems, and the Hadiths.
- Shirk : An Arabic word literally meaning polytheism, but interpreted by some Salafist clerics, such as Abu Muhammad al-Maqdisi, to include allegiance to any government, even ostensibly Islamist, which does not follow strict Sharia law.
- Mongol : Add brief definition or description
- Jahiliyya : At the most basic, the state of ignorance of Islam; according to Sayyid Qutb, the failure to accept Allah as the ultimate authority by accepting secular government
- Abbasid dynasty : Add brief definition or description
- Muslim Brotherhood : An Islamic political group, formed in Egypt and increasingly part of the political system there, which has worldwide branches; it may be moving from a Salafist ideology to a more mulilateral one
- Salafism : A strict branch of Sunni Islam, dedicated to the restoration of the Caliphate, often by means of armed jihad
- Sayyid Qutb : Born in 1906, radicalized in 1951, and executed in 1966, an influential theorist of Salafist revolutionary Islam; considered one of the two spiritual fathers of al-Qaeda and the mentor of Ayman al-Zawahiri