The human body depends on all its organ systems in order to survive and reproduce.
Major organ systems of the human body:
- Cardiovascular system: blood circulations with heart and blood vessels
- Digestive system: processing food with mouth, stomach and intestines
- Endocrine system: communicating within the body using hormones
- Excretory system: eliminating wastes from the body
- Immune system: defending against disease-causing agents
- Integumentary system: skin, hair and nails
- Muscular system: moving the body
- Nervous system: collecting, transferring and processing information with brain and nerves, including Sensory Systems such as the Auditory, Visual, Feel, Smell, Taste systems
- Reproductive system: the sex organs
- Respiratory system: the organs used for breathing, the lungs
- Skeletal system: structural support and protection through bones
The study of development from fertilized cell to fully developed body is studied in human developmental biology, the structure of the developed human body is studied in human anatomy and its function in human physiology.