- See also changes related to Holodomor, or pages that link to Holodomor or to this page or whose text .
- Famine : Add brief definition or description
- Ukrainian Famine : Add brief definition or description
- Soviet Union : A Communist state, which took over the Russian Empire, after the Russian Revolution of 1917 that existed from 1922 to 1991; the major part now extant as the Russian Federation
- Ukraine : A large Slavic nation in Eastern Europe whose capital is Kyiv (Kiev).
- Joseph Stalin : (1878 - 1953) The head of Russia's Communist ("Bolshevik") party and dictator of the Soviet Union from 1924 until his death.
- Agriculture : The process of producing food, feed, fiber and other goods by the systematic raising of plants and animals.
- Collectivisation : Add brief definition or description
- Rationing : Add brief definition or description
- Genocide : The deliberate killing or other destruction of a large group, membership in which is a broad criterion such as ethnicity or religion rather than individual acts
- Kiev : Capital and largest city of Ukraine, located along the Dnieper River, with an estimated population of 2.8 million people.
- United Nations : An international organization that was founded in 1945 with the mission of preventing international war, protecting human rights, supporting social progress and justice, and helping with economic progress.
- Cannibalism : Add brief definition or description