: American musical style and cultural movement emerging from the Bronx in New York City.
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Hip-hop. Needs checking by a human.
- Beck : An American singer-songwriter.
- Blues : A music genre based on the use of the blues chord progressions (I-IV-V) and blue notes.
- Dance : A continuous and mentally organised sequence of (body) movements containing an expressive character.
- Disk jockey : A person who selects and plays recorded music for an audience.
- Frank Zappa : (1940-1993) An American composer, guitarist, singer and satirist.
- Grandmaster Flash : Hip-hop musician and DJ; one of the pioneers of hip-hop DJing, cutting, and mixing.
- Jazz : American-originated musical style, pioneered by black artists, and emphasizing improvisation.
- KRS-One : (1965—) American hip-hop artist, born Lawrence Krisna Parker.
- Music : The art of structuring time by combining sound and silence into rhythm, harmonies and melodies.
- Popular culture : Commercialised folk culture that exists for the masses; opposite of high culture.