Great Depression in Germany/Timelines
- Treaty of Versailles - reparations .
- Wilhelm Cuno becomes Chancellor.
- Economic and Monetary Conference recommends return to the gold standard .
- Germany defaults on War Reparations
- Hjalmar Schacht becomes President of the Reichsbank.
- France and Belgium invade the Ruhr because of German default on war reparations; Germany declares general strike .
- Hyperinflation 
- A new currency (the Schacht Rentenmark) replaces the Reichsmark: price stability restored .
- The Reichsmark replaces the Rentenmark and Germany rejoins the gold standard.
- Dawes Plan (for the rescheduling of reparations and the provision of loans from the US etc) agreed .
- Hindenburg elected President
- Black Friday. Stock market crash. Outflow of short-term capital. Discount rate increase.
- Collapse of Frankfurter Allgemeine Verischerungs AG and runs on savings banks
- Coalition government formed. Heinrich Brünig becomes Chancellor.
- 2nd reparations conference at The Hague.
- Young Plan (further rescheduling reparations payments but giving priority to the repayment of debts to the United States) agreed .
- Banking crisis. Runs on banks. Closure of Darmstädter bank. Bank holiday. Credit crunch 
- President Herbert Hoover announces a one year moratorium on reparations and war debts-and the provision of a $ 150 million credit to the Reichsbank .
- Franz von Papen becomes Chancellor.
- Lausanne Conference agrees to the suspension of reparations payments by Germany 
- Adolf Hitler appointed Chancellor.
- Reinhardt Programme
- Germany occupies the Rhineland
- Four-year plan