Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Gardez. Needs checking by a human.
- Afghan and Pakistani local forces : In Afghanistan and Pakistan, especially within Pashtun culture, tribes will raise local forces variously as akarbai (community police), lashkar (fighters for a common threat) and paid militias
- Afghanistan War (2001-), major combat phase : During the Afghanistan War (2001-), the period of combat by Afghan ground forces, with U.S. and British air & special operations support, which drove the Taliban and al-Qaeda from their bases, in October through December 2001
- Afghanistan War (2001-) : Beginning on October 7, 2001, in response to the 9-11 attacks, military operations against the Taliban and al-Qaeda by United States and NATO forces
- Agency for International Development : U.S. government agency responsible for nonmilitary foreign aid of goods, services, and certain finances, although it does not operate at the highest levels of international finance. May operate assistance and development programs in foreign countries
- Kabul : Capital of Afghanistan.
- Khost : Capital of Khost Province, on the eastern border of Afghanistan
- Provinces of Afghanistan : There are 34 Provinces of Afghanistan.
- Taliban : Salafist Islamic militia, governing Afghanistan 1996–2001; still fighting in Pakistan and Afghanistan.