- See also changes related to Frankenstein, or pages that link to Frankenstein or to this page or whose text .
- Literature : The profession of “letters” (from Latin litteras), and written texts considered as aesthetic and expressive objects.
- Science fiction : A story-telling genre that presents alternatives to what is currently considered scientifically possible or that extrapolates from present-day knowledge.
- Gothic novel : A form of fiction which became popular in England in the second half of the eighteenth century involving elements of the supernatural designed to give a pleasing frisson of terror to the reader.
- Frankenstein's monster : The creature created by Frankenstein, not, as some may think, named Frankenstein.